Monday 12 August 2013

What To Wear: Relaxing Outside

Isn't this ongoing weather amazing? I do believe it calls for a Modern Country Fashion post...or two...about spending the last of these summer days outside!

Rain Coat: Emma Bridgewater; Top: New Look; Jeans: Next; Boots: Clarks; Sunglasses: Boots

I'm just loving the long golden rays of mellow evening sunlight. And I can think of nothing nicer to celebrate those same rays than sitting al fresco in the garden, with a gang of besties, a jug of chilled Pimms, or steaming mugs of chai, and gossiping the night away.


Now its August (can you believe it? Where has this year gone already?), the nights are starting to creep inexorably towards darker, cooler evenings, which means no more sitting out in little vest tops.


Yes, the later hours might be chillier but I still want to stay outside and chat till the wee hours, which is where this Emma Bridgewater Black Toast raincoat takes centre-stage. Several people have asked recently which are my favourite Emma Bridgewater designs. Black Toast is definitely right up there. Classic and timeless, I'm hoping this rain coat will still look good when I'm ninety!


It folds up into a li'l pocket - old-school cagoule-style - but whips out at a moment's notice to create a rather lovely Mary Quant-esque look., and, with its ingenious drawstring round the waist, gone are the shapeless and hideously unflattering macs of the past.


Now, who's for another glass of Pimm's?


Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





8 comments :

Melanie said...

Adorable! I do love the wellies and umbrella too...either way, you'd compliments! :)

Cindy said...

That's an adorable jacket! Our evenings are still really warm here, but 6:30 am is chilly enough that I could use a jacket.
Enjoy your day!

Tania said...

Sarah, I LOVE your Emma Bridgewater coat, just gorgeous - as is your whole outfit. In Australia we are just coming to the end of our winter, but still having plenty of chilly days, and this coat would be perfect. I love Emma Bridgewater designs, and didn't even know she made anything other than crockery (which I adore). I'm off to explore her website! Thanks for your post x

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Pour me that glass of Pimm's, please and while you're not looking, I'll take that raincoat with me!

Greta said...

Dang - I wish I looked that gorg relaxing outside!!! (I usually have sweats and a t-shirt adorned with spit-up.) Looking beautiful as always! :)

Heaven's Walk said...

lol I have to agree with Greta, Sarah! lol I never look THAT good hanging out in the back yard. You'll find me in some capri leggings, tattered sweatshirt, and flip flops. lol Then again, you'd look great in anything, girl! You're so beautiful!

xoxo laurie

Claire Potter said...

And again!!! You are a natural at this posing thing.

Micheal Alexander said...

Very significant Information for us, I have think the representation of this Information is actually superb one. This is my first visit to your site. Bathroom Regrouting

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10